I haven’t shown some of these photos before, but after hearing from a lot of women about this post, I think it might be interesting to show how drastically my body changed over the course of my pregnancy and how it has also changed postpartum.
Let’s start at the beginning:
Week One: I snapped this the day after I found out I was pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant, I was already about seven weeks in.
Week 12: When I announced I was pregnant online, I was 12 weeks along.
(P.S. I’m not going to go through every week here, because no. Boring. If you want to take a gander at more accurate timeline, just scroll back through the Steal Her Style posts.)
Weeks 14-15: Between weeks 14-20 or so is the Squishy Phase.
Weeks 30-31: Skipping ahead pretty drastically here. This was taken after our baby shower. Keep in mind that if you want to take maternity photos where you look pregnant but not OMG-INDUCE-HER-NOW pregnant, weeks 30-33 are a good time.
Week 35: I’m trying to look cute here, but let me assure you there was NOTHING cute about Week 35 on for me. I was getting super uncomfortable at this point. Lots of lower back pain. We were also in the throes of Isobel being breech and trying to turn her. So, take a look at this photo, then imagine me upside-down on our stairs for 10 minutes at a time.
Week 38: This is the last photo I took at home of my belly before Isobel was born. All told, I gained 42 pounds during my pregnancy.
The part no one tells you about post-pregnancy is that…
T-3 Days: …You are still hella pregnant when you leave the hospital. I snapped this the day we came home from the hospital.
T-1 Week: One week later, I still had a significant…paunch?
T-14 Weeks: I took this photo this morning on my way to the gym. I’ve been trying to go about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I go more, sometimes I go less…way less. (Last week I did not go once.) Would I say I’m back to my pre-pregnancy body? Oh no. OH NO. Am I back to my pre-pregnancy weight? Yes. Does that mean I can fit into clothes that fit perfectly before? No, it does not.
I am a little nervous to post this, but I hope it gives you an idea of how things change and move around when you’re pregnant and after your baby is born. Some days are harder than others and not being able to zip a dress isn’t fun no matter what the circumstances. But, I’m learning that the best gift you can give yourself after having a baby is the gift of time. Not rushing it, not worrying about it, not stressing. Because you know what happens when you rush time with a baby? They grow up. And I’m not quite ready for that to happen just yet.
- luuvboobibi reblogged this from jaclynday
- weeklyspectator reblogged this from jaclynday
- weeklyspectator likes this
- strandnixe99 likes this
- ardenashley likes this
- pepperpeople likes this
- mudbees said: this is something I always worry about. thank you for posting something so personal and honest! I think you look beautiful :)
- hawaiigurlinct likes this
- memory-hole likes this
- lizlemon said: Mad props… you’ve always been one of my favorites for your honest approach.
- lizlemon likes this
- southafricandutchess likes this
- nogreatillusion likes this
- pickie18 reblogged this from jaclynday
- webewanderlusting likes this
- screamzombies likes this
- dressesdancingandtv said: I love how honest this is. Thanks for this post.
- jennnnnnnnn likes this
- dailybaxter likes this
- brklyn likes this
- sherbetstraw likes this
- binspired likes this
- leeshiebean said: I’m not anywhere near wanting to be pregnant, but I can appreciate the honesty of your post for the future, so thank you! And is it weird that I had no idea people still ‘looked’ pregnant after the baby was born?!
- emmafolds likes this
- hermestravel likes this
- goonpram likes this
- 2boysandme likes this
- charliebravo likes this
- fivepoundnote likes this
- heresthesweetlife likes this
- happyhumanscribblings likes this
- cliffnotesofmylife said: i have seen my sis struggle with this twice now (especially since she had c-sections) and you are brave to post this. i am sure it will help a lot of new/soon-to-be moms. also you look great!
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- you-and-this likes this
- saraplainandtall likes this
- tommypenner likes this
- allisonfoley likes this
- noraleah likes this
- irenethegiant likes this
- fivebyfive likes this
- garlichpress likes this
- shamelesslysheryl likes this
- fulltimewithdental likes this
- gracefulalice said: thanks! this was really informative!
- wanderlustwithdrawal likes this
- elainethehorsegurl said: I think this was so brave of you to do! You look amazing too!
- irish-mexi likes this
- elainethehorsegurl likes this
- callmerobin said: thank you for this!!