So, once upon a time, I took photos of my outfit in front of a mirror. Then, one magical day, I decided that I should get a tripod and fiddle around with a (sort of old) digital camera and see if I could be fancy like real bloggers are fancy. Well, I’m not fancy. And I’m out of time. Dragging out a tripod, taking like 30 pictures of myself because 28 of them will be me looking a fool and then uploading them and editing them and so on and so forth makes me agitated. Frankly, I feel like a fraud. If you all can see what I’m wearing in a quickly snapped mirror shot, that might have to be good enough for now. I am in the midst of full-on CRAZYTOWN in my home most days. I’ve had people suggest that Brandon help me take them outside, but the last time (a couple years ago) I asked Brandon if he would take an outfit photo for me, he laughed and went back to eating Fritos.
I’ve written before that I’ll blog until blogging stops being fun. Well, self-timer tripod shots are definitely not fun for me anymore. There are millions of bloggers out there taking gorgeous, model-worthy outfit photos and sometimes I wish I could do that too, but I just don’t have the time or resources.
For a long time I struggled with blogging competitiveness and I had to keep up and do this and do that, and oh man, it sucked so hard. It was hard for me at first to do the easiest thing instead of the best and prettiest thing. For example, I would cook something, then inhale it so fast that I’d remember after the fact that I should have photographed it. That is no way to live/blog/exist/eat/wear/drink/friend—that stupid, incessant guilt that you should have taken a photo of something or it’s nothing.
This is just a really long, semi-coherent (I took some Benadryl for my wasp bite, FYI!) way of saying that my outfit photos may or may not strike/have stricken your fancy, but I’ll try make it up to you in book reviews and wallet itch.* I’m just a normal girl wearing normal clothes on a normal budget. I think some of you all are too, which is why this was fun in the first place.
*Wallet Itch: The burning desire to buy pretty things posted online
- jeanhannah likes this
- ellegolightly likes this
- kristysfoodandfitness likes this
- bageldreams likes this
- umcanyounot likes this
- beingbrenda likes this
- tinyobsessions likes this
- spareunderthemattt likes this
- augustandafter likes this
- kbye likes this
- someoneloved likes this
- elainethehorsegurl likes this
- ididntgetnobismillah likes this
- leeshiebean likes this
- overflowing said: I think this is a great idea. You should do what you want, because you want to, and not for any other reason. That is the only recipe for happiness.
- overflowing likes this
- mylifetheultimaterollercoaster said: Keep doing it the way you started. That is why your followers love you. Like you said. Normal girl, normal budget clothing! You are real and that is what makes you special! Don’t give up! Throw that tri pod out the window! LOL!
- mylifetheultimaterollercoaster likes this
- alohanico likes this
- shanelley reblogged this from jaclynday and added:
- jennabee likes this
- ohbeckie likes this
- meghanunc likes this
- blondelikewhoa likes this
- gingersaysjump likes this
- lipstickandstockings likes this
- mountaining likes this
- stlsecret likes this
- nosmokewithoutpryor likes this
- furrowedbrow likes this
- sdotmarymartha likes this
- thegreatworldofmelissa likes this
- jasonlucasphotography likes this
- lizlemon said: I love this. And even more, right under it on my dashboard is someone asking someone to post outfit photos. Amazing.
- reneenicolesays said: do what you love, love what you do… it doesn’t need to be more complicated than that! personally i love your instagram photos of isobel :)
- lizlemon likes this
- thepreppyhippielife said: Fully support.
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- lovelayneb likes this
- dailybaxter said: Good for you!
- dailybaxter likes this
- iamtallandawesome likes this
- littlelg likes this
- aglitteryworld likes this
- noraleah said: ha! it’s hard for a blogger w/o a man who wants to take her outfit posts. M & i haven’t ever really tried ‘cause lawd there’s no point. sometimes i feel like it’s the secret to cupcakes & cashmere success… but your simple mirror shots are *great*
- somuchcatlove likes this
- noraleah likes this
- muchtoyourchagrin likes this
- cadyheron likes this
- thestoryofstacey likes this