I recently saw something on Pinterest that I loved—Shopbop designed a “workwear ultimate closet” with a few key items and then created 10 work-appropriate looks from those items.
Because it’s Shopbop, the pieces weren’t cheap and the ones that were affordable have already sold out. I thought it would be fun to recreate their work wardrobe with a few alternate (but similar pieces) and then also show how they can be integrated into a weekend/casual wardrobe too.
Here are the 14 pieces I chose (see above):
- Mango Cotton Trench, $99.99
- Topshop Structured Blazer, $130
- Mango Sweater, $30
- J.Crew New Boy Polka Dot Cotton Shirt, $88
- Wallis Cardigan, $35
- Gap Perfect Oxford Shirt, $49.95
- Sanctuary Skinny Ponte Pants, $79
- Wallis Stone Cigarette Trousers, $52
- J.Crew Linen Scarf, $49.50
- Mango TOUCH Leather Bag, $139.99 (from $229)
- Lucky Brand Emmie Flats, $59
- Aldo “Frited” Pumps, $80
- Topshop Pencil Skirt, $60
- Banana Republic Floral Wrap Dress, $98
I think one of the best things about investing in really great work-appropriate clothing is that it can transition into your casual/weekend wardrobe too.
Here are a few examples of how to bring in a few items you may already own in order to get more versatility out of your work wardrobe:
Just add: The North Face Jacket, $105-149
Just add: Baublebar Gold Pave Links Necklace, $38 and Gap Printed Canvas Oxfords, $49.95
Just add: J.Crew Peter Pan Striped Sweater, $89.50
Have fun shopping!