Posts tagged with ‘holidays’
cutebutfiery asked: HI Jaclyn! Since you're so good at scouring the web, I thought I'd reach out and see if you can help me out! My fiance and I have gave each other a $200 limit for Christmas gifts. He travels all the time for work and uses this terrible carry-on duffel bag from college each time he goes on a trip. I'd like to find him a nice piece of luggage or travel accessories that also fit his personal style. He's a Creative Director at an ad agency and smitten with all things JCrew. Any thoughts?
Have you checked out Everlane’s $95 weekender? It’s available in several different color combinations and if he’s used to using a duffel, he might like being able to sling it over his shoulder.
A few other options: Lipault Paris’ wheeled carry-on is a nice size and can be carried two ways ($189). Herschel Supply has a J.Crew-like aesthetic and their carry-on luggage is $185. There are some unique options on Fab by Hideo Wakamatsu. This carry-on with two wheels looks awesome…and can be worn as a backpack! It’s $179. If you don’t mind going a bit over budget, the carry-on in white is pretty sleek. It’s $249. LLBean’s Commuter Pullman luggage ($199) is another idea. The great thing about LLBean luggage is that if it rips, has a broken zipper—any sort of damage—they’ll replace it, no questions asked.
tmfoy asked: Hi! Long time reader asking for some quick advice. I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (it's 4 degrees right now...), and I'm busy shopping for New Year's Eve outfits. Considering the chilly weather, I'm looking this year to NOT freeze my tail off in a dress/skirt. I was looking for some skinny ankle pants that would still be festive and fun, maybe something with lace or sparkles? Thanks for your help! - Theresa
Lots of fun options for you:
- I hate velvet more than any other fabric (the texture drives me nuts), but these Mango velvet leggings ($40) are cute (and holiday-ish).
- These flock print trousers from ZARA have a bit of a lace-like pattern ($79).
- Another lace option that’s on sale but still pricey: 7 for All Mankind’s lace overlay pants ($118 from $198).
- These metallic effect pants from ASOS are ridiculous and I LOVE THEM. Perfect for NYE. They’re just $50!
- Ann Taylor also has two pairs of lace trim ponte pants (black and white). Both are $98, but take 50% off today with code HOLIDAY50.
- Satin pants might be a good option too. I like these from ASOS ($63).
- On to sparkles! First up: Ralph Lauren’s sequin leggings are available in black or silver and are $60.
- H&M also has a pair of sequin pants for $40.
- I love DKNY’s sequin front leggings too ($53 from $89).
- If those are too much sparkle for you, check out these Lysse ponte leggings for $88. They just have a stripe of sequins down the side.
- If you really want to GO FOR IT, check out this sequin ASOS jumpsuit for $127. This Sparkle & Fade jumpsuit is crazy too ($79). My personal favorite? This insane French Connection sequined jumpsuit for a stupid $288. I’d wear it on NYE, no question.
ellagrace82 asked: You are amazing with all the fashion advice!! I'm a new mom, my daughter will be 4 months for Christmas. What are the best shops for kids clothes? And any great holiday dresses for infants? I'm not a huge fan of the super fancy poofy dresses I keep seeing for kids.. I like cute clothes, or mini-me clothes (think H&M for kids, I just wasn't seeing much at their store though). Thanks!!
I shop for Isobel at five places: Target, Baby Gap, Old Navy, H&M and ZARA. And you’re right! The pickings are slim at most of these places for holiday dresses. (I was just looking the other day.) The exception is ZARA, where I found several really good things.
This checked dress is $40. PERFECT. This red dress is cute too and only $25. This knit dress is sweet ($35) and I’m dying over this red corduroy ($32). I’m a big fan of plaid so I like this one ($35) or you could go black and white ($25) for something a little different than the standard holiday look.