Posts tagged with ‘stealherstyle’
- Everlane V-Neck Tee
- Old Navy High-Waist Shorts (Similar from H&M)
- Carrini Mini Wedges - These are only $9.99 right now!
- Cuyana Tote
I’ve been wearing American Eagle shorts all summer thanks to their frequent sales. They are so comfy. The only drawback is that sizing can be hard to figure out (they vanity size in some styles, not so much in others). Here are my favorites (clockwise from top right):
- Boyfriend Short, $40 (Take an additional 40% off at checkout)
- Light Denim Midi (Not available online, but the same size in a different wash is marked down to $25)
- Denim Shortie (Not available online, but a lighter wash is on clearance for $35 with an additional 40% off at checkout)
- Dark Denim Midi ($25)
- White Destroyed Boyfriend Shorts (on clearance for $40, take 40% off at checkout)
- White Shortie (on clearance for $35, take 40% off at checkout)
- Light Wash Hi-Rise Festival Shortie ($35)
The Boyfriend style is versatile—they look good with a sweater/sneakers or with sandals and a tank. They’re cut a little longer. The Shorties and Midis often have more stretch denim options than the other styles. The Hi-Rise Festival shorts are cut higher on the outside—really flattering.
Over the past few summers I have tried several sea salt sprays and one has emerged victorious: Organix Moroccan Sea Salt Spray (about $8.85 on Amazon).
Runners up included: Lush Sea Spray (out of stock, $13): It’s good, but such a small bottle! I thought it was a little more drying than the Organix one, but had better hold. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray ($8.13): I liked this one too, but it’s VERY heavy. Smells great though. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray ($26): This is the original gold standard one that most people know about, but it’s stupid expensive considering how well the drugstore versions worked for me.
I’ve heard good things about KMS HairPlay Sea Salt Spray too, but haven’t used it. It’s $13.
I usually just towel dry my hair, brush it through, use the sea salt spray, scrunch it a bit and let it air dry. Sometimes I’ll blow dry my bangs just to be sure they don’t fly off in weird directions. However, I recently added something new to the mix and it’s a GAME CHANGER:
It cuts blow dry time in half (it really does), so I experimented and sprayed it on my hair before air drying. I don’t spray a ton—usually just 3-4 sprays on the bottom half of my hair. It air dried MUCH faster using this and seemed to add a little volume too. (Be sure you shake the bottle before using.)
Anyway, I’m very happy with how the Summer 2014 Lazy Hair Experiments are going. (Here’s an experiment from Summer 2013.) Is there another sea salt spray you like that I should check out?