Posts tagged with trackingtrends:
I’ve organized the following by dress length. (Here is how to tell if a maxi dress will be long enough for you.) I’m exactly 6’ and prefer maxi dresses AT LEAST 61”, though 62”+ is even better. These measurements should take into account the shoes you wear. I usually wear sandals or flats with maxi dresses.
(The brands listed usually make their maxi dresses in a standard length, so feel free to search a particular brand/retailer below for more options if the one listed doesn’t strike your fancy.)
60” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’9”-5’11”)
- Pim + Larkin Diagonal Stripe Maxi, $30 (from 69)
- LA Made Tank Maxi, $75 (from $92)
- Three Dots Tank Maxi Dress, $150
- Michael Stars Sleeveless Tank Dress, $148 - Size L 60” only
- Michael Stars Solid Harlow Maxi Dress, $76 (from $158)
- Bisou Bisou Pleated Maxi, $48 (from $80)
- Splendid Eyelet Striped Maxi, $148
- Saint Grace Maxi, $115
- Eight Sixty Stripe Maxi, $141
- Greylin Taylor Stripe Maxi, $123
- NG X Reformation Nile Dress, $68 (from $98)
- Calvin Klein Pleated Maxi, $138 - Take 50% off at checkout
- Feel the Piece V-Neck Maxi, $150
61” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’11”-6’0”)
62” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’11”-6’1”)
- DvF Basmati Maxi Dress, $169 (from $565)
- Lovers + Friends Maybe Tomorrow Maxi Dress, $199
- Culture Phit Maxi Dress, $49 (from $69)
- T by Alexander Wang Maxi, $140
- Michael Lauren Edison Dress, $79
- Michael Stars Slit Maxi Dress, $88
- Blu Moon Dress, $157 (from $209)
- ASOS Tall Dress with Lace Panels, $94
- Tolani Maxi Dress, $185
- Heather Blouson Maxi Dress, $196
- Everleigh Side Ruched Stripe Maxi, $79
63” INCHES AND UP - (Will fit those approximately 6’0” and up)
- Lovers + Friends Tristan Maxi, $160
- Saint Grace Bryn Maxi, $132
- Veronica M Tank Maxi, $83
- Edith A. Miller Eve Maxi, $119 (from $288)
- Young Fabulous & Broke Maxi, $109 (from $216)
- Sky Maxi Dress, $184
- Rachel Pally Jersey Maxi, $109 (from $220)
TALL DRESSES - (Varying measurements or no measurements given)
- ASOS Tall Maxi Dress, $112
- Ann Taylor Colorblocked Dress in Tall, $129 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44” inches from natural waist. (My natural waist is more like 46” inches to give you a frame of reference.)
- Ann Taylor Sleeveless Maxi in Tall, $120 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44” inches from natural waist.
- ASOS Tall Embellished Deep V-Neck Maxi, $131
- Topshop Tall Plain Maxi, $36
- Ann Taylor Tall Strapless Maxi, $119 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44.5” inches from natural waist.
- LOFT Tall Batik Print Maxi, $89.50 - 44” from natural waist.
- ASOS Tall Racerback Jersey Dress, $47
- Gap Tall Stripe Maxi, $75
- Gap Tall Stripe Drawstring Maxi, $75
- Gap Tall Twistback Maxi, $70
- Old Navy Tall Convertible Tube Dress, $34
- Old Navy Tall Jersey Tank Dress, $34
- Old Navy Tall 3/4th Sleeve Dress, $18-$25
I’ve had good luck with Target maxi dresses in the past, but it’s best to try them on in person if you can. (Or just know that you might have to return!) Some styles run longer than others. (I’ve also had to size up to get enough length.)
Anthropologie has been expanding their BHLDN bridal shops into in-store spaces and they have some really great bridesmaid (and bridal) options available right now. A few caveats. Sizing: some dresses only go up to 14. Others are available to 16. Prices aren’t cheap either. It’s to be expected (Anthro is not an inexpensive store), but if you’re looking for an alternative to J.Crew bridal, this is a good one. Prices are comparable.
Since I get a lot of questions about bridesmaid dresses, I thought I’d do a little round-up of some things that caught my eye:
Shoes are definitely a highlight. The Golden Hour Slingbacks (just $90) have only a 2.5 inch heel, so they’ll be good for lots of standing/dancing. I’m a huge fan of the Oyster Bed D’Orsays (top right, $310) but they’re pricey. If you wanted something with some sparkle, the Champagne Sparkle Heels are just $139 and would look good with lots of bridal/bridesmaid dress styles.
The Tansy dress ($200) is, in my opinion, the most versatile bridesmaid dress they offer. It’s available up to size 16 and in four (really pretty) colors. The price is comparable to many other bridesmaid dresses or bridesmaid brands. (This is a flattering dress shape on many women too.)
If you were thinking of long bridesmaid dresses, the Freya Maxi ($260) is GORGEOUS. The dove gray at right is basically the perfect neutral bridesmaid dress. I’m also a huge fan of the navy one at left. It’s hard to find true navy bridesmaid dresses. The empire waistline is a flattering look for different body types too.
This dress is OUTSTANDING. It’s $260, comes in 9 colors and can be styled in 15+ different ways. I love the bottom right and left. (Black bridesmaid dresses can be REALLY hard to find. This is a good one.)
If you’ve been hunting for lace bridesmaid dresses, there are several options to choose from here. Top left is $320. Bottom left is $370. The champagne lace in the middle is $295. That pretty navy lace one at right is $300.
The wedding dresses are actually quite affordable. This one is $1,600 and it’s so chic and minimal. I love it. This simple, pretty lace gown is $600. Don’t bother looking at the bridal accessories (like jewelry or hair clips)—they’re overpriced to the extreme. (Just look on Etsy!)
This post was sponsored by Shopstyle, but the items included are things that I independently chose based on my personal preferences.
Casual sneakers look best with pants that hit slightly above your ankle (try ponte pants or cuffed jeans). They’re perfect for the weekend too: wear them with leggings, a long, slouchy tee and a jacket.
- New Balance Classics, $49.33 (from $70)
- Nike Victoria NM, $42 (from $65)
- Nike Air Max 1 Premium, $95 (from $120)
- Reebok Classic Jacquard Sneakers, $49.98 (from $60)
- Onitsuka Tiger by Asics Corsair, $56 (from $80)
- New Balance Classic Running Shoe, $38.30 (from $65)
- Tory Burch Clancy Sneaker, $195
- Gola Spirit Sneaker, $80-$91
- Superga Cotu Classic Sneakers, $65
- Reebok Lifestyle Classic, $49.50
- Saucony Jazz Low Pro, $53
- Converse Leather Low Tops, $65
- Adidas Original Tech Sneaker, $70 (from $110)
- Nike Air Pegasus ‘83, $50 (from $75)
- Nike Classic Cortez, $65