Posts tagged with trackingtrends:
The Nordstorm Anniversary sale is huge—with thousands of items marked down—but I searched through for some of my favorites and discounted fall/winter basics that you could wear over and over again.
I can’t recommend Zella leggings enough. Even if you don’t plan to wear them to work out in, you should grab a pair to wear with boots this fall.
- Zella ‘Live In - Streamline’ Reversible Mesh Inset Capris, $31.90 (from $48)
- Zella ‘Live In’ Capris, $28.90 (from $44)
- Zella ‘Live In’ Eclipse Space Dye Capris, $31.90 (from $48) - The space dye pattern is one of my favorites they have. The full-length leggings aren’t marked down, but these crops are!
- Zella ‘Live In’ Reversible Capris, $28.90 (from $44)
- Zella ‘Live In’ Reversible Leggings, $33.90 (from $52) - The pair I bought over a year ago still look brand new.
- Zella ‘Double Scoop - Ocean Stripe’ Tank, $24.90 (from $38) - I love this striped tank. It’s so long!
- Zella ‘Live In’ Leggings (Cross Dye), $37.90 (from $58) - If you want to get away from black, these cross dye leggings are fun.
- Zella ‘Live In’ Reversible Leggings (Plus Size), $33.90
SHOES UNDER $100:
- Nike ‘Internationalist’ Sneaker Back and Front, $56.90 (from $85) - These would look great with distressed skinny jeans this fall.
- Halogen ‘Marlie’ Calf Hair Pointy Toe Pump, $59.90 (from $89.95) - These pumps are also available in a few other colors, including leopard.
- BP. ‘Train’ Wrap Belted Bootie, $79.90 (from $119.95) - These are a good dupe for last year’s popular Rag & Bone booties.
- Steve Madden ‘Ecntrc-c’ Snake-Embossed Slip-On Sneaker, $59.90 (from $90) - SUCH a good deal.
- DV by Dolce Vita ‘Cactus’ Studded Bootie, $99.90 (from $150) - I’ve found Dolce Vita boots/booties to be really comfortable so if you want a pair that you can walk in all day, these will probably do the trick.
- Yosi Samra Ballet Flat in Leopard or Navy, $51.90 (from $79) - You’re probably sick of hearing me talk about these flats but they are SO GOOD.
- Nike ‘Free TR Connect 2’ Training Shoe, $72.90 (from $110)
FALL/WINTER BASICS UNDER $100:
- Lush ‘Perfect’ Tunic Henley, $28.90 (from $44) - Great price and I like that you could wear it casually (untucked with leggings/boots) or tucked into a skirt. Available in lots of colors.
- Caslon Drape Neck Zip Cardigan, $44.90 (from $68) - I have a cardigan/jacket similar to this and I wear it all the time.
- Tildon Ruched Long Sleeve Dress, $36.90 (from $56) - This looks so comfy.
- BLANKNYC Quilted Faux Leather Jacket, $98.90 (from $148) - This is one of the best faux leather jackets I’ve seen. The back detail is pretty.
- KUT from the Kloth ‘Jennifer’ Ponte Knit Five Pocket Skinny Pants, $45.90 (from $69.50) - I have some KUT from the Kloth pants and they are really comfortable and flattering.
- BP. High Waist Seamed Moto Leggings, $24.90 (from $38) - These are fun.
POPULAR ITEMS MARKED DOWN:
- Cole Haan ‘Cassidy’ Wraparound Strap Boot, $184.90 (from $278)
- Donald J Pliner ‘Devi 3’ Boot, $259.90 (from $398) - The sticker shock is real with these, but they get GREAT reviews.
- Halogen Flap Pocket Convertible Satchel, $151.90 (from $228) - A good commuter bag option.
- Michael Kors ‘Bailey’ Chronograph Bracelet Watch in Silver ($149.90 from $225) or Gold ($166.90 from $250)
- rag & bone/JEAN ‘Chamberlain’ Stand Collar Step Hem Jacket, $159.90 (from $242)
- Vince ‘Bowen’ Suede Slip-On Sneaker, $149.90 (from $225) - These are available in two other colors.
- Hunter ‘Tall Moto’ Rain Boot, $139.90 (from $215)
- The North Face ‘Avery’ Fleece Jacket, $110.90 (from $149) - This is available in several other colors too.
This post was sponsored by ShopStyle in collaboration with Nordstrom, but the items included are things that I independently chose based on my personal preferences.
Here are some less expensive alternatives to items in the most recent J.Crew style guide:
I love this gauzy plaid blouse ($88), but it’s sold out and also…$88. (It’s still available in red plaid.) You can get a similar top on sale from UO for $25 (from $59). Ralph Lauren’s Denim & Supply has one similar to J.Crew’s red plaid version for just $34.99. One of the most similar colorways I found to the above photo is on this plaid shirt from Forever 21 ($17.80).
You know I like a sweater with shorts. The ones above from J.Crew are $55 (take 30% off with code HISUMMER). These Forever 21 floral embroidered shorts are adorable and just $19.90. These Vero Moda shorts from ASOS are marked down to just $13.34!
The sweater above from J.Crew is $69.50. This one from Gap is just $35 and you can take 20% off with code TREAT. This nearly identical one from Mango is $35 too. If you’re looking for a bargain version, this Forever 21 sweater ($21.80) is a close match.
The blue sandals are J.Crew’s back-zip sandals ($80). Take 30% off with code HISUMMER. Nine West has a similar pair for $47. Dolce Vita’s blue Alya sandals are marked down to $30 (from $69). If you are a size 6, 6.5, 8 or 8.5, please buy these Rebecca Minkoff sandals ($46 from $150) for more.
(The only problem is that they’re $218. And also a very, very dark blue—not quite black.)
Still, ripped, ankle-length black jeans are on my list as the one pair of jeans I must procure. It’s summer, it’s hot, but I don’t care. I’ll wear these. I’ll wear them with sandals and a slouchy tank. I’ll wear them with a sneakers. I’ll wear them with a slinky camisole. I’ll wear them with ankle boots or a leather jacket in the fall. WEAR THEM ALL THE TIME.
But I’m not spending $218.
Distress a pair of black jeans I already own. I would do this, but the black jeans I have now are ones that I love. LOVE. Much as I want to put holes in them (and I do), I’d feel guilty. Me and my black jeans have such wonderful memories together. I can’t take a chance on ruining them.
Buy a new pair.
Distress a cheap pair of jeans.
This pair from Old Navy ($32) is almost identical in terms of fit. I already know I’m a fan of the Rockstar style too.
Forever 21’s black denim is just $15.80. Three lattes.
Last: Dorothy Perkins’ black skinny jeans are $27 and are available in three lengths. Cut them to ankle length, distress, done.
I’ve organized the following by dress length. (Here is how to tell if a maxi dress will be long enough for you.) I’m exactly 6’ and prefer maxi dresses AT LEAST 61”, though 62”+ is even better. These measurements should take into account the shoes you wear. I usually wear sandals or flats with maxi dresses.
(The brands listed usually make their maxi dresses in a standard length, so feel free to search a particular brand/retailer below for more options if the one listed doesn’t strike your fancy.)
60” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’9”-5’11”)
- Pim + Larkin Diagonal Stripe Maxi, $30 (from 69)
- LA Made Tank Maxi, $75 (from $92)
- Three Dots Tank Maxi Dress, $150
- Michael Stars Sleeveless Tank Dress, $148 - Size L 60” only
- Michael Stars Solid Harlow Maxi Dress, $76 (from $158)
- Bisou Bisou Pleated Maxi, $48 (from $80)
- Splendid Eyelet Striped Maxi, $148
- Saint Grace Maxi, $115
- Eight Sixty Stripe Maxi, $141
- Greylin Taylor Stripe Maxi, $123
- NG X Reformation Nile Dress, $68 (from $98)
- Calvin Klein Pleated Maxi, $138 - Take 50% off at checkout
- Feel the Piece V-Neck Maxi, $150
61” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’11”-6’0”)
62” INCHES - (Will fit those approximately 5’11”-6’1”)
- DvF Basmati Maxi Dress, $169 (from $565)
- Lovers + Friends Maybe Tomorrow Maxi Dress, $199
- Culture Phit Maxi Dress, $49 (from $69)
- T by Alexander Wang Maxi, $140
- Michael Lauren Edison Dress, $79
- Michael Stars Slit Maxi Dress, $88
- Blu Moon Dress, $157 (from $209)
- ASOS Tall Dress with Lace Panels, $94
- Tolani Maxi Dress, $185
- Heather Blouson Maxi Dress, $196
- Everleigh Side Ruched Stripe Maxi, $79
63” INCHES AND UP - (Will fit those approximately 6’0” and up)
- Lovers + Friends Tristan Maxi, $160
- Saint Grace Bryn Maxi, $132
- Veronica M Tank Maxi, $83
- Edith A. Miller Eve Maxi, $119 (from $288)
- Young Fabulous & Broke Maxi, $109 (from $216)
- Sky Maxi Dress, $184
- Rachel Pally Jersey Maxi, $109 (from $220)
TALL DRESSES - (Varying measurements or no measurements given)
- ASOS Tall Maxi Dress, $112
- Ann Taylor Colorblocked Dress in Tall, $129 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44” inches from natural waist. (My natural waist is more like 46” inches to give you a frame of reference.)
- Ann Taylor Sleeveless Maxi in Tall, $120 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44” inches from natural waist.
- ASOS Tall Embellished Deep V-Neck Maxi, $131
- Topshop Tall Plain Maxi, $36
- Ann Taylor Tall Strapless Maxi, $119 - 40% off with SPRINGUP. 44.5” inches from natural waist.
- LOFT Tall Batik Print Maxi, $89.50 - 44” from natural waist.
- ASOS Tall Racerback Jersey Dress, $47
- Gap Tall Stripe Maxi, $75
- Gap Tall Stripe Drawstring Maxi, $75
- Gap Tall Twistback Maxi, $70
- Old Navy Tall Convertible Tube Dress, $34
- Old Navy Tall Jersey Tank Dress, $34
- Old Navy Tall 3/4th Sleeve Dress, $18-$25
I’ve had good luck with Target maxi dresses in the past, but it’s best to try them on in person if you can. (Or just know that you might have to return!) Some styles run longer than others. (I’ve also had to size up to get enough length.)
Anthropologie has been expanding their BHLDN bridal shops into in-store spaces and they have some really great bridesmaid (and bridal) options available right now. A few caveats. Sizing: some dresses only go up to 14. Others are available to 16. Prices aren’t cheap either. It’s to be expected (Anthro is not an inexpensive store), but if you’re looking for an alternative to J.Crew bridal, this is a good one. Prices are comparable.
Since I get a lot of questions about bridesmaid dresses, I thought I’d do a little round-up of some things that caught my eye:
Shoes are definitely a highlight. The Golden Hour Slingbacks (just $90) have only a 2.5 inch heel, so they’ll be good for lots of standing/dancing. I’m a huge fan of the Oyster Bed D’Orsays (top right, $310) but they’re pricey. If you wanted something with some sparkle, the Champagne Sparkle Heels are just $139 and would look good with lots of bridal/bridesmaid dress styles.
The Tansy dress ($200) is, in my opinion, the most versatile bridesmaid dress they offer. It’s available up to size 16 and in four (really pretty) colors. The price is comparable to many other bridesmaid dresses or bridesmaid brands. (This is a flattering dress shape on many women too.)
If you were thinking of long bridesmaid dresses, the Freya Maxi ($260) is GORGEOUS. The dove gray at right is basically the perfect neutral bridesmaid dress. I’m also a huge fan of the navy one at left. It’s hard to find true navy bridesmaid dresses. The empire waistline is a flattering look for different body types too.
This dress is OUTSTANDING. It’s $260, comes in 9 colors and can be styled in 15+ different ways. I love the bottom right and left. (Black bridesmaid dresses can be REALLY hard to find. This is a good one.)
If you’ve been hunting for lace bridesmaid dresses, there are several options to choose from here. Top left is $320. Bottom left is $370. The champagne lace in the middle is $295. That pretty navy lace one at right is $300.
The wedding dresses are actually quite affordable. This one is $1,600 and it’s so chic and minimal. I love it. This simple, pretty lace gown is $600. Don’t bother looking at the bridal accessories (like jewelry or hair clips)—they’re overpriced to the extreme. (Just look on Etsy!)
This post was sponsored by Shopstyle, but the items included are things that I independently chose based on my personal preferences.